Hollywood Youth Theatre’s Internship Program exists to provide training and educational opportunities for current college students who are actively pursuing a career in theatre or the field of education and desire to expand their knowledge and experience in theater by making becoming a vital part of our community and team.
While interning at HYT students can . . . .
• Bridge the gap between collegiate work and professional life by working in a focused atmosphere that’s both creative and supportive.
• Build networks and relationships with other theatre professionals. These relationships often lead to future jobs in the industry, professional associations, and even life-long friendships.
• Broaden intern’s knowledge base and expand interns understanding of the inner-workings of a non-profit theatre company.
HYT interns are entrusted with a great deal of responsibility and have the opportunity to work closely with HYT staff, students, and cast members. Interns are expected to participant in the process of shaping our programs and are included in all staff meetings. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age. HYT Theatre is an equal opportunity employer.
Currently, HYT offers internships for our Summer Camps, usually held in/around the month of July. The internship is a full-time, 40hr/week commitment. The exact dates and times for camp can be found on the Summer Camp page.
Internships currently offered:
* Teaching Assistant
* Stage Management
* Technical Support
HYT Interns receive:
* College credit, as arranged with your individual college or university.
* A small stipend
* Complimentary tickets to HYT Summer productions
Housing arrangements: It is the responsibility of the intern to make housing arrangements. HYT is unable to provide housing or transportation.
References: The application includes a request for three references. Ideally these are individuals who know you well (e.g. employers, teachers, mentors).
Applications: The application process can take several weeks as HYT receives many internship applications. If you are selected for an interview, a HYT staff member will contact you.